Sunday, January 18, 2015

And the beat goes on....

I have been thinking about this Sonny and Cher song for the better part of the past 2 weeks.  For real. It's so true.  The song is 50 years old but it still holds true today.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to make this my new ringtone.

Here is my DLP Journal and the response I have to week 2, which was to use gesso and respond to a quote about being able to start anew each day.  My pages are primed in white gesso before I begin anything since I don't know where I will end up, creativity wise.  I also did some stenciling with gesso here, atop the collage and paint layers.  I am very happy with the winged hear page element!!!

I have decided that this work will be mostly in acrylics, so I can improve my use of this paint media.  I am a little intimidated about working with it so this year long project will give me lots of chances to improve my skills and find my personal groove with it.








La da da da dee.

2 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

WOWEE these pages have so much depth and interest Gaye!
Your stitched heart is super too.
My bobbin keeps breaking in my mom's old sewing machine which is very frustrating.
I think I am ready to let it go and buy a cheap machine that is rough and ready!
Thank you for sharing here.
oxo

Linda said...

Beautiful and creative!